The Association of Friends of La Rambla was born in the 1960s to defend the interests of the merchants of La Rambla and promote commerce. In its beginnings, the association started to organize a major festival in honor of the patron saint of La Rambla, the Virgen del Roser, which consisted of a mass and an offering to the Virgin on a façade adjacent to the Palau de la Virreina. A distinction was also given to the honorary ramblista. Today these events continue but many more activities are organized(fairs and exhibitions, theater, parades and popular meals for neighbors and merchants), among which are the floral decorations of numerous buildings of La Rambla and the open days or free special events held in several emblematic buildings of La Rambla.
The 2023 edition of the Festa Major de La Rambla - Festa del Roser (Roser Festival)
In this year's edition flowers will continue to be the great protagonists, and many of the events and activities will be related to the tradition of flowers in La Rambla. We will be able to see 21 spaces or buildings decorated with flowers and participate in 21 activities, routes and free guided tours.
Decorated buildings and places
- Las Golondrinas ticket office
- Atarazanas Garage, Portal de Santa Madrona, 10, Santa Mónica, La Rambla.
- Santa Monica, La Rambla, 7
- Wax Museum of Barcelona, Passatge de la Banca, 7
- Marc Palace, La Rambla, 8
- Passatge Bacardí
- Centro Galego, La Rambla 37
- Façade of La Rambla 54
- Intervention of the carpets of the Raval, Pla de l'Os, La Rambla
- Hostal Mare Nostrum, Sant Pau street, 2
- Palau de la Virreina, La Rambla, 99
- Palau Moja. Portaferrissa, 1
- CentOnze Restaurant. La Rambla, 111
- Intervention Parks and Gardens, Rambla dels Estudis
- Restaurant La Poma, La Rambla, 117
- Restaurant Moka. La Rambla, 126
- Turrones Vicens, La Rambla, 136
- Intervention Gremi de Floristes de Catalunya, Rambla de Canaletes
- Yurbban Ramblas Barcelona, La Rambla, 129
- Garden of Ateneu Barcelonés, call Canuda, 6. Saturday, October 7 from 11:00 to 19:00 h.
- Garden of the Casa Ignacio de Puig, calle Boqueria, 10. 10:00 to 19:00 h. Access through the lobby of the Hotel Petit Palace Boqueria Garden or by elevator located on Carrer d'Aroles.
One flower, one wish
"One flower, one wish" is a participatory project that is organized every year together with the Palau de la Virreina. As we mentioned at the beginning, La Rambla de las Flores in Barcelona celebrates around this time the feast of its patron saint, the Virgen del Roser. The image of the Virgin is located outside the Palau de la Virreina and the Collective of Florists of La Rambla had the tradition of making an offering to her. Picking up this tradition, and based on an idea of the graphic designer Claret Serrahima, the School of Floral Art and Garden Design of Catalonia designed a floral action for citizens and visitors to the city to actively participate by introducing a flower. The slogan, "one flower, one wish".
- Day and time: October 7 from 11:00 to 15:00 h.
- Place: in front of the Palau de la Virreina (La Rambla, 99).
- Exhibition "Engineers, soldiers and wise men" at the Military Government of Barcelona. The exhibition addresses the history and their role in Catalonia, highlighting their contributions to engineering and science.
- Workshop "Fiesta de los barcos" at the Maritime Museum of Barcelona, a festive day to enjoy family workshops and many more activities with ships as protagonists. At the end, all the participants will build a big boat in a collaborative way.
- Vapiano Crafts Workshop with Jorge Ochagavía, participants will paint floral motifs on recycled materials from the restaurant itself.
- Musical performance in the Ateneu Barcelonès garden.
- Sketch & Write La Rambla, an invitation to write and draw La Rambla for people of all ages.
- Flowers of La Rambla florist workshop, Autumn Bouquets.
- Concert of the Cubero brothers, referents of the new Spanish folklore with their acoustic music based on the Castilian tradition and with influences of American music (at the Liceu theater).
- Pirates in the museum, family activity for children from 4 to 7 years old at the Maritime Museum of Barcelona.
- Colloquium after the play Papeles de Guerra.
- Presentation of the Ramblista de Honor 2023 awards.
Routes and guided tours
- Guided visit to the Gran Teatre del Liceu.
- Route La Rambla, 30's, literary route to evoke the atmosphere of the flashy and bustling Barcelona of the thirties.
- Route La Rambla in detail, a tour of La Rambla paying attention to elements that normally go unnoticed: plaques, fountains and sculptures.
- Guided visit to the exhibition Portraits of ships organized by the Maritime Museum of Barcelona.
- Adapted visit to La Rambla for blind people.
- La Rambla of literature route, following the trail of novels, poems, plays or diaries.
- Barcelona in feminine route, to learn about stories and legends of Barcelona featuring women.
- Visit to the technical area of L'Aquàrium de Barcelona.
All activities are free, but most have limited places and require prior registration.