When the Gràcia festivities end, the Sants festivities begin, so whoever has not had enough or has not been able to go has a second chance, because although each one has its own personality, also at the Sants festivities the residents of the streets who They decorate them in a similar way to what is done in the Gràcia neighbourhood. The Sants Festival is celebrated on the occasion of the patron saint of the neighborhood, San Bartolomé (August 24). During the festivities, many popular outdoor activities are organized such as: bastoners, hot chocolate, butifarradas, concerts of various musical styles, dances, sardanas, habaneras, activities for children, contests, workshops, etc. And in the same way as in Gràcia, the so-called Alternative Festival is celebrated in parallel.
About the Festa Major de Sants in 2022
Most outstanding activities
Saturday August 20
- 11:00 a.m.: Historical walk: The Sants Festival (Memory in Motion), prior registration is required. Place: Santsenca Loyalty.
- 7:00 p.m.: Dances and performances by popular culture groups. Location: Parque de España Industrial.
- 7:30 pm: Pilar at the proclamation (Castellers de Sants). Location: Parque de España Industrial.
- 8:00 p.m.: Proclamation of the Fiesta Mayor by Elies Campo. Location: Parque de España Industrial.
Monday August 22
- 5:30 pm: Sardana dance with the Cobla La Principal del Llobregat. Place: Parque de la España Industrial.
- 6.45 pm: Concert by Yolanda Sikara. Place: Parque de la España Industrial.
- 7:30 p.m. Awards ceremony for the street decoration contest. Place: Parque de la España Industrial.
Tuesday, August 23
- 10:00 a.m.: Street basketball (Streetball BCN Sants) / Popular games and wooden giants / Ludopecas. Place: Parque de la España Industrial.
- 10:00 a.m.: Guided tour of decorated streets for people with autism. Place: Finland street.
- 1:00 p.m.: Manual bell ringing. Place: Church of Santa Maria.
- 5:00 p.m.: Audio-described guided tour for people with visual disabilities. Place: Pl. Bonet and Muixí.
- 5:00 p.m.: Horse race / Street basketball (Streetball BCN Sants). Location: Parque de España Industrial.
- 6:30 p.m. Soap bubble workshop / Xics'n Roll concert. Place: Viriat street.
Wednesday, August 24
- 10:00 a.m.: Floral offering in Sant Bartomeu. Place: Church of Santa Maria
- 11:30 a.m.: Fiesta Mayor seafood appetizer. Place: Sants Market
- 6:00 p.m.: Historical route through Sants (previous registration is required). Location: District Headquarters.
Thursday, August 25
- 10:00 a.m.: Photographic gymkhana (Sagunt-Guadiana-Papin). Place: Papin street.
Saturday August 27
- 12:00 pm: Delivery of the popular street decoration prizes (Sants 3 Ràdio). Place: Valladolid street.
- 6:00 p.m. Castle party (Castellers de Sants). Place: Plaza Bonet and Muixí.
- 9:30 p.m. Adult correfoc. Place: Plaza Osca, Bonet and Muixí...
Sunday August 28
- 10:30 a.m.: Fiesta Mayor cycling races. Place: Sants and Creu Coverta streets.
- 10:00 p.m.: Pyromusical (Diables de Sants and Sants 3 Radio. Place: Parque de la España Industrial.
- Papin's Street
- Finnish street
- Calle d'Alcolea de Baix
- Valladolid Street
- Robrenyo Street
- Guadiana Street
- Sagunt Street
- Vallespir de Baix street
- Calle d'Alcolea de Dalt
- Plaça de la Farga and Carrer de Rossend Arús
- Vallespir Street