The Wax Museum of Barcelona, located next to La Rambla, opened its doors in 1973 in the building that once housed the Bank of Barcelona. Its collections and the way they are displayed have recently been renovated, while respecting its impressive architecture and historical value. Using new technologies, this iconic Barcelona space has been transformed into a 21st century interactive museum.
Organized over 3 floors and 28 themed areas, visitors will enjoy a tour filled with historical figures and famous personalities. Walking among the figures of the Wax Museum is like walking through history: you come face to face with famous figures such as Salvador Dalí, Pablo Picasso, Cleopatra and Miguel de Cervantes, among many others.
After the renovation, the museum has incorporated the figures of current celebrities, such as Rosalia, Messi or Greta Thunberg, and you can also see reproductions of fictional characters such as the protagonists of the world-famous series La Casa de Papel (The House of Paper).
The 28 thematic areas of the Barcelona Wax Museum
- Hall: where it all begins, check the battery of your cell phone or camera.
- Barcelona Hall: here you will meet characters closely related to Barcelona.
- Rambla 360: to familiarize yourself with the corners of the most famous avenue of the city.
- Cops and thieves: the most famous thieves stalk the vault of the old bank of Barcelona.
- Jungle: the wildest area of the museum.
- Homage to Catalonia: characters symbolizing the traditions of Catalonia.
- Kong: King Kong, the largest inhabitant of the entire museum.
- Climate Emergency: Greta Thunberg warns, there is no planet B.
- Galactic Voyage: climb aboard the most famous spaceship of all time with a very hairy character.
- Pirates: beware, here you will be surrounded by the most famous pirates.
- Magic world: characters that move around on flying broomsticks and other magical contraptions.
- At the bottom of the sea: strange creatures defending their habitat.
- Space Station: travel through the galaxy and discover what is happening to the world from above.
- The Universe: an area illuminated by millions of stars.
- Masters of words: that is, writers who have stood the test of time.
- World of science: the great scientists here and there.
- Pop stars: international music stars, from the 70s to the 20s of our century.
- Hall of fame: world-famous actors and actresses.
- Masters of cooking: chefs who create art with flavors.
- Masters of painting: geniuses of painting.
- Masters of music: geniuses of classical music.
- Ice and fire: the characters of the most famous saga of our time, presided over by an iron throne.
- Characters of good and evil: characters who offered the world great deeds or great follies.
- Sports: the Wax Museum of Barcelona has a team of elite athletes.
- Passage of terror: the thousand ways to die with the most terrifying characters in history.
- Interactive passage: a floor that moves with the sound of your footsteps.
- Transit: characters in capes, hats and espadrilles. When you get there, you'll know what it's all about.