Museums and other municipal cultural spaces in Barcelona have prepared a Christmas adapted to the current situation, but with a great diversity of proposals aimed at family audiences mostly, but also to adult audiences. Until January 8, the cultural centers will be filled with exhibitions, guided tours, workshops and other activities.
Many of the exhibitions are already underway or are part of the permanent collections of the museums. In these cases new activities are organized around them. In the button below the Program you will access the agenda with all the activities and you will be able to book when necessary.
Some outstanding examples of activities of Christmas at the Museums
- Workshops, exhibitions, shows and guided tours.CosmoCaixa has prepared a really extensive program for this Christmas that, added to its permanent program, will make it difficult for you to choose which activity or activities you will sign up for (from December 22 to January 8).
- Family show "Barrocomatik. Baroque theater and music". (from December 27 to 31).
- Little movie buffs (The Little Moviegoer's Christmas series). See here.
- Workshop "Stories and rock. Drums, rhythms and stories".(from December 22 to January 8), to learn how a drum kit and percussion in general sounds, through different stories (from January 3 to 8).
- Family show "Söns".The Christmas of the Little Moviegoer, a sensory experience for babies and their families (from January 2 to 5).
- Christmas workshop at the Sagrada FamiliaA workshop to know the façade of the nativity and learn how to make a candelabra (from December 3 to 31). See here.
The Picasso Museum
- Christmas workshop - Picasso Museum as a family: Geometric Let's geometric realityHow many shapes can one object have?, an activity linked to the temporary exhibition on Daniel-Henry Kahnweiler (from December 27 to January 4).
- The Sea of ChristmasThe activity "How many shapes can an object have?", to draw and paint the marine animal of your choice and create a unique mural of the sea (from December 17 to January 8).
The Poble Espanyol
- Christmas at Poble Espanyol see here.
The Museum of Ethnology and World Cultures
- Workshop "FUKUWARAI, let's laugh and catch happiness". a traditional Japanese game for young and old to enjoy during the Japanese New Year (December 18 to 30).
- Family workshop "KAMISHIBAI, let's illustrate the legends".a family activity consisting of storytelling in Kamishibai 紙芝居 plus a chibi drawing workshop (from November 27 to January 4).
- Christmas screenings, "Pipi Calzaslargas". see here.
El Born Center of Culture and Memory
- Express guided tour "A Christmas in 1700". (from December 4 to 18).
The Frederic Marès Museum
- Traditional Nativity Scene see here.
Check the program, because you will find many more activities(more than 100), also in the Network of Civic Centers of Barcelona have prepared an agenda of workshops and other activities.