Museums and other municipal cultural spaces in Barcelona have prepared a Christmas with a wide range of proposals aimed at family audiences mostly, but also for adults. Until January 7, the cultural centers will be filled with exhibitions, guided tours, workshops and other activities.
Many of the exhibitions are already underway or are part of the permanent collections of the museums. In these cases new activities are organized around them. In the button below the Program you will access the agenda with all the activities and you will be able to book when necessary.
Some outstanding examples of activities of the Christmas of the Museums
- Workshops, exhibitions, shows and guided toursCosmoCaixa offers a really extensive program for this Christmas that, in addition to its permanent program, will make it difficult to choose which activity or activities you will sign up for (until January 7).
- Little moviegoers (cycle La Navidad del pequeño cinéfilo). See here.
- Escape Room "Here you have never been".families of spies are sought to organize a secret mission (from December 8 to January 4).
- Family show "Tot esperant Will".On a night stage, three clowns rehearse a tragedy written by their absent friend, exploring the human condition through music, dance and humor in a theater within the theater (from December 27 to 31).
- Family show "Sotabosc".the forest is a magical realm of friendship and wonder, where the connection with nature reveals infinite treasures of sensory experiences and non-human friendships (January 2-5).
- Christmas workshop at the Sagrada Familiato learn about the nativity façade and make a pop-up Christmas card (from December 6 to 31). See here.
- Christmas in a pocket workshopto explore the evolution of pockets from 1550 to today in the fashion exhibition "The dressed body" and then design your own pocket to store your favorite Christmas gift (from December 28 to January 4).
- Christmas Wefts WorkshopExplore the stories of women designers in the exhibition "We're Here! Women in Design 1900-Avui," as you discover the invisible wefts of their contributions; then, in the workshop, create your own wefts by interweaving colorful papers inspired by textile design (Dec. 28-Jan. 4).
- Christmas at L'Aquàrium: see here.
- Christmas at Poble EspanyolChristmas at the Poble Espanyol: see here.
Music Museum - L'Auditori
- Musical show "The sound machine"a musical journey for the whole family through the evolution of instruments, from prehistoric times to the present day, with the opportunity to create new sounds using the innovative sound machine in an interactive show (December 17).
- Christmas screenings, Czechoslovakian animated cinema: see here.
Filmoteca de Catalunya
- Day "Optical games at the Filmoteca square".Immerse yourself in the origins of cinema with interactive pre-film artifacts in a festive celebration with Zinematik in the Filmoteca square, linked to the exhibition "Cine paper. Érik Bullot" available throughout the event (January 2).
El Born Center of Culture and Memory
- Express guided tour "A Christmas in 1700". (from December 3 to 17).
The Frederic Marès Museum
- Traditional Nativity Scene: see here.
Check the program, because you will find many more activities(more than 100), also in the Network of Civic Centers of Barcelona have prepared an agenda of workshops and other activities.