The Primavera Sound festival has been held in Barcelona since 2001 and has established itself as a world reference for the urban festival model. The musical selection is based on eclecticism and coherence, but also on risk. Music so that spectators of different generations can enjoy the live music experience to the fullest with pop, rock and the most underground trends of dance music as protagonists.
Primavera Sound 2023
This year's concerts take place in the Parc del Fòrum in Barcelona from May 31 to June 4, but there will also be many concerts in different venues in Barcelona, which will expand the musical offer over 7 days. This parallel program is known as Primavera a la Ciutat and will be held from May 29 to 31 and June 4. The closing of this year's festival 2023 will take place on Sunday June 12 with the Brunch -In party, a real feast of live music.
In this edition of Primavera Sound there will be more than 200 performances including the welcome and closing days, and the Primavera a la Ciutat program.
I'll be your mirror
This year Primavera Sound Madrid will be held for the first time (from June 8 to 10). The slogan of the festival refers, among other things, to the program that will be deployed on the stages of both venues and that will be, with some exceptions, the same. Depeche Mode, Kendrick Lamar, Blur, Rosalia, Halsey, FKA twigs, Skrillex, Måneskin, St. Vincent, The Moldy Peaches, Calvin Harris and Le Tigre will headline the Barcelona and Madrid festivals.
Depeche Mode, Kendrick Lamar, Blur, Rosalia, Halsey, FKA twigs, Skrillex, Måneskin, St. Vincent, The Moldy Peaches, Calvin Harris and Le Tigre will headline the Barcelona and Madrid festivals.
Highlights at Parc del Fòrum
- Pet Shop Boys will be in charge of opening the festival, on a day that will be free admission until full capacity is reached. It will not be necessary to have a full festival ticket or a Primavera Sound 2023 ticket to get in, but there will be a pre-booking system, details of which will be announced soon.
- The second day brings us the legend of New Order, Blur's chest of Brit anthems and the pop versatility of Halsey, who will be accompanied by Darkside, Ghost, Le Tigre, Nxworries, Turnstile, Central Cee, Drain Gang, Loyle Carner, Pusha T and Rema.
- June 2 will shine with hip-hop supernova Kendrick Lamar and Depeche Mode, synthpop legends who have been shaking the world with their music since the 80's. Joining them on stage will be Baby Keem, Four Tet, Fred Again, Skrillex, The Moldy Peaches, Bad Religion, Bleachers, Christine and The Queens, Mora and Sparks.
- A day to welcome the energy of Rosalia on her homecoming as a global phenomenon and enjoy the undisputed ability to hit with Calvin Harris. June 3 also features Fka Twigs, Måneskin, St. Vincent, The War on Drugs, Caroline Polachek, Charlotte de Witte, Maggie Rogers, My Morning Jacket and Tokischa.
And on June 4th... End of the party!
- Brunch -In: again at the Parc del Fòrum, to invest the last energies in a luxury Brunch -In led by Purple Disco Machine and completed with Diplo and Ben Böhmer, CamelPhat, Carlita and Two Ex.
International meeting with talks, conferences, workshops, showcases and meetings, held in parallel to the festival, aimed at music industry professionals. Since its first edition in 2010, it has become an international benchmark for independent music.
Spring in the city
The main musical activity is centered in the Parc del Fòrum between June 1 and 3, Barcelona also lives an intense extension of the program in its circuit of venues. On the 29th, 30th and 31st of May and the 4th of June, Pet Shop Boys (who will complete their opening of Primavera Sound by adding a concert in a venue), Loyle Carner, black midi, The Comet is Coming, Black Country, New Road, The Chills, Cloud Nothings, Gilla Band, PUP and Blondshell, among others, will bring Primavera Sound to the short distances of the Sala Apolo, Razzmatazz and Paral-lel 62.