Barcelona - El Prat Josep Tarradellas airport, strategic reference of southern Europe, is the second airport in Spain and sixth in the EU in number of passengers, and the largest airport in extension and traffic in Catalonia, and the second with the highest traffic in Spain . This airport, whose IATA code is BCN and its ICAO code is LEBL, is 13 km from the center of Barcelona, Plaza Catalunya. This distance and the numerous means of public transport that connect it with the center and other areas of Barcelona, make it a very accessible airport.
The airport of Barcelona - El Prat has two terminals: the T1 and the T2. Terminal T2 is subdivided into three subterminals: T2A, T2B and T2C. If you have to move between terminals T1 and T2 you can take a free shuttle bus that connects both terminals.
Shuttle bus stops
- Terminal T1. Floor 3. Departures (only to get off the bus)
- Terminal T1. Floor 0. Arrivals (only to get on the bus)
- Terminal T2 B. Departures Terminal
- T2 C (exterior)
Keep in mind that to move between subterminals of the T2 is not necessary to take the bus, as well as there is no stop at all three, the route can be done perfectly by walk.
Schedule and frequency of passage
It works 24 hours a day, with frequencies of 5 to 10 minutes depending on the hour.
Keep in mind that from 12:00 a.m. to 5:00 a.m. the shuttles do not stop at Terminal T1. Floor 3. (Departures).
Passenger services at Barcelona airport - El Prat
Barcelona airport offers the necessary services so that all passengers find their needs covered and can help them to solve problems that have occurred during their stay at the airport or related to their flights.
- Air rooms: to rest one night, a few hours or simply having a shower. Where? On the 1st floor of terminal T1. Reservations here.
- Medical service: 2 cardiac rescue points with defibrillators and a medical assistance service in T1 and T2.
- Banks, money exchange and ATMs: If you need to withdraw money or change your money to Euros when you arrive in Barcelona or the Euros in your country's currency at the end of your trip, at Barcelona airport you can do it without problem. In terminal T1 and in T2B you will find a CaixaBank office, in terminals T1, T2A and T2B several ATMs and currency exchange offices in all the terminals.
- Wi-Fi internet access: The airport has free wifi access to the Internet. You have to connect to the AIRPORT FREE WIFI AENA network.
- Baggage: Currently, there is no left-luggage service at Barcelona airport.
- Families: Baby services and children's areas to make the wait more pleasant for families with children, and luggage trolleys with maxi-cosi.
- Police: Police Station (for questions related to passports) and Mossos d'Esquadra (complaints).
- People with reduced mobility: Barcelona-El Prat Airport has a free assistance service for passengers with reduced mobility. After requesting assistance (online and phone), upon arrival at the airport everything will be ready.
- Airport information points: six information points in T1, three in T2A and two in T2B.
- Religious services: Catholic chapel in terminal T1, floor 0 and multi-confessional oratory also in terminal T1, floor 0. Both open from 06:00h to 22:30h
Airport information phone
- (+34) 91 321 10 00
Tourist office at the Barcelona airport
At the airport of Barcelona - El Prat there are four tourist offices where you can get tourist information:
- Terminal T1. Floor 1. The Plaza. Phone: +34 933 788 175
- Terminal T2 B. Floor 0. Arrivals hall. Phone: +34 935 575 220
- Metro station Aeroport T1. Terminal T1, planta 0
- Metro station Aeroport T2. Terminal T2, exterior
Parking Barcelona - El Prat airport
Here you can book a parking space at the airport. You have indoor and outdoor parking next to the terminals, low cost parking with free shuttle service and parkings that offer valet service so you do not have to waste time looking for a place. Choose the option that suits you and book in advance.
Shops and Duty Free
In the two terminals of the airport, mainly in terminal T1 and T2A, you will find all kinds of stores: food, personal care, sports, duty free, tobacconists and lotteries (tobacco and postage stamps), pharmacies, jewelery and watches, fashion and accessories, children's fashion, electronics and photography, press and magazines, gifts and decoration.
Restaurants and cafes
At Barcelona-El Prat airport, of course you can satisfy your appetite in a light or more forceful way in its cafes with take-away food, its breweries and tapas bars, or in its fast food or a la carte restaurants.
Arrivals and departures Barcelona airport
If you want to check if a flight has landed or if the flight is delayed, or if you want to know what time a flight takes off, visit the Aena website. Indicate the flight number and you will have the information. If the system can not find a flight with the indicated number, go to google and enter the flight number in the search box. It is possible that you will appear or at least get clues in case the number is not correct.
Hotels near Barcelona airport
Within a radius of 10 km around the airport there are more than 350 accommodations (between hotels, apartments and other types of accommodation) and more than 50 hotels. You can have more information, check prices and make a reservation here.
If you are interested in being as close as possible to the airport, these are the closest ones, which are less than 5 kilometers away:
- Air Rooms: Closer impossible. This hotel is at the airport. For more information, see the section "Services to passengers" above.
- Hotel Barcelona Airport, affiliated by Meliá: A 4-star hotel located 1.9 km from the airport and with free 24-hour transfer to the terminal where your flight arrives or departs.
- Barcelona Airport Hotel: 4 stars, 2.4 km from the airport, and you have free shuttle service to the airport 24 hours a day.
- Frontair Congress Aeropuerto: Another 4 star hotel located at 4.4 km and with free shuttle service also 24 hours a day.
Car rental Barcelona airport
If you need to rent a car and have not booked it before you travel, these are the offices of car rental companies that you will find at the airport:
- Avis / Budget
- Enterprise Rent a Car
- Record Go
They are all in terminals T1 and T2B, except FireFly, which only have an office in T2B.
Please could you tell me when El-prat international departures, are getting a smoking area?
One of the few airports in the world without one!
Smoking areas El Prat Airport
Barcelona airport has not smoking areas and there is no plans it will have in the future. You can smoke just outside the terminals.
In reply to Smoking by Lindsay Boyter (not verified)
Add new comment