5 star Hotel
Hotel with only 28 rooms located next to the Roman wall in a renovated historic building by the architect Rafael Moneo, who has managed to find a balance between old and new elements. The hotel is situated close to the Las Ramblas and only 5 minutes from the Cathedral of Barcelona. It features a rooftop swimming pool, patio with orange trees, a good restaurant and a bistrot with tapas.
Reasons to book a room at the Mercer Hotel Barcelona
- The Mercer Hotel Barcelona is perfectly located to visit and know the old town of Barcelona. This five-star hotel is located in the Gothic Quarter, next to the Roman wall; and the rest of old quarters and the coast are very close.
- You can visit many tourist attractions by walk, and the area is ideal if you want to discover the gastronomy of Barcelona, and go shopping (the Born is full of clothing and accessories stores from independent creators).
- The relation quality price, according to the majority of clients of the hotel, is very good.
- The service is another aspect that guests value very positively.
- A fantastic terrace with pool and bar, an interior patio with orange trees and a gastronomic bar with excellent tapas.
- The hotel is located in an old building of Barcelona. The old and the new, the design, the walls and the original beams have combined brilliantly.
- A quiet and cozy place to rest and relax after visiting Barcelona. And for that also their comfortable beds help.
Tourist attractions around the Mercer Hotel Barcelona
When you leave the door of the Mercer Hotel you will start visiting Barcelona. The oldest Barcelona because a few meters away you will find one of the Roman walls that still exist in the city. But before the Romans were the Laietans, some Iberians who appeared in the 7th century BC, also in the area. That's where the name of Vía Laietana street comes from, which is very close to the hotel. In the surroundings of the Mercer Barcelona you can visit many important places and monuments of Barcelona such as the Cathedral or the Basilica of Santa Maria del Mar (the most beautiful church in the city). The aroma of the sea is not far away and if you travel with children, you can walk to L'Aquàrium.
Public transport around the hotel
The Mercer Hotel Barcelona is well connected with the entire city. Less than 5 minutes by walk you will find a metro station and several buses (including the Tourist Bus).
Metro: Jaume I L4
How to get to the hotel from the airports and Sants station
From the Barcelona airport
If you have not booked a transfer service or your option is not to take a taxi, the AEROBUS will drop you off at Plaça Catalunya. From there go to Plaça Urquinaona to take the L4 metro line and get off at the Jaume I station. You can also consider the train that is taken in terminal T2. Your station in Barcelona will be Passeig de Gràcia and in that train station you can take the L4 metro line.
From the Girona airport
The Girona airport bus stops at the Barcelona Nord station, which is a 20-minute walk from the Mercer Barcelona hotel. If you do not want to walk, there are several buses that can take you to the hotel but more or less at the same time, so consider taking a taxi.
From the Reus airport
The Reus airport bus stops at Sants station. Enter the station and take the L5 metro line to the Verdaguer station. Change to line L4 and get off at Jaume I station.
From the Sants station
Check the option "How to get from the airport of Reus".
The Yurbban Trafalgar hotel does not have parking, so if you are going by car you will have to reserve a parking space. The closest one is the Car park Princesa (2 minutes), but if you want to look for other cheaper options, use the search engine: