Sitges is part of the Costa del Garraf, the coast south of the city of Barcelona that goes from Castelldefels to Cunit. Located 27 km from the Barcelona - El Prat airport and 42 km from Barcelona city, Sitges is known for its beaches, its churches, its architecture, its nightlife and the International Fantastic and Terror Film Festival, among other attractions. It is also famous worldwide for being a gay friendly city. If you are going to visit Sitges and you are arriving by plane, here we explain the options you have to get to this interesting city: coach, train, and transfer or taxi service.
Going by coach to Sitges from Barcelona airport
You can go from the airport to Sitges (and from Sitges to the airport) with the line that goes from Bellvitge to Vilanova i la Geltrú (VNG - Bellvitge) of the BUS GARRAF company (formerly MON-BUS).
Schedule and frequency
- On weekdays from Monday to Friday, the first bus leaves the airport at 6:50 am and the last at 11:50 pm. The frequency of departures is from 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- On Saturdays the first bus leaves at 7:50 am and the last at 10:50 pm. The frequency of departures is 1 hour.
- On holidays and Sundays, the first bus leaves at 9:50 am and the last at 11:50 pm. The frequency of departures is 2 hours.
The journey from Barcelona airport to Sitges is 25 minutes.
At the airport
- Terminal T1. Floor 0. Arrivals
- Parc Can Robert
- Passeig Vilanova, 44 (for the journey from the airport to Sitges) and Avinguda Sofia, 43 (for the journey from Sitges to the airport).
- La Masia
- Càmping Sitges
Price per person (2023)
- Single ticket: €8.00.
- T-casual zone 3 card (10 trips): €30.25. This is the ATM integrated transport card.
- T-usual zone 3 card (unlimited trips): €37.80. This is the ATM integrated transport card.
- GARRAF BUS zone 3 T-10 card (10 trips): €24.40. Only valid for BUS GARRAF coaches.
The single ticket and the T0 of BUS GARRAF are bought in the coaches. The T-casual and the T-usual ATM can be purchased at subway stations and other sale points.
Going by train to Sitges from Barcelona airport
There is no direct train from Sitges to the Barcelona airport. If you want to use the train you will have to go first to El Prat de Llobregat station and take a local train to Sitges. To get to El Prat de Llobregat station, you have to take the airport train that leaves from terminal T2. If you arrive at T1 you can take a free bus shuttle that connects the two terminals.
Schedule, durtation and frequency of trains
- The trains from the airport leave from 5:42h until 23:38h with a frequency of 30 minutes. It takes 7 minutes to get to El Prat de Llobregat station.
- The trains from El Prat de Llobregat station leave from 5:56h to 00:17h with a frequency of 30 minutes, except between the last to last and the second to last (1 hour). It takes 26 minutes to get to Sitges station.
Price per person (2023)
A single ticket from the airport to Sitges (4 zones) costs € 4.60. The 3-zone T-CASUAL and T-USUAL built-in cards can also be used.
Shuttle service - transfer by private taxi, minivan or bus
The fastest and most comfortable option, and although it may seem the most expensive option, keep in mind that increasing the number of passengers can be cheaper than the train or coach.
A driver waits for you in the terminal with a sign with your name, accompanies you to the vehicle, and will take you to the door of your accommodation. Afterwards, you will only be able to enjoy all the tourist attractions of Sitges.
- From €65.00, 3 people (€22.00 per person)
- From €80.00, 6 people (€13.00 per person)
- From €145.00, 16 people (€9.00 per person)
- From €275.00, 40 people (€7.00 per person)
Bus or train from Sitges to airport
If my flight is at 10.20am, what's the best way to get to the airport?
From Sitges to Barcelona airport
The best way to get to the Barcelona airport from Sitges is the bus. Above in this page search the section "Going by coach to Sitges from Barcelona airport" and click on the link Bus Garraf. Then use the search form to indicate the day of your trip and you will get the bus timetable.
In reply to Bus or train from Sitges to airport by Gregory Basil (not verified)
Thank you very much :-)
Thank you very much :-)
In reply to From Sitges to Barcelona airport by WeBarcelona
Bus from Sitges to Reus airport
Where can I get bus in Sitges to go to Reus airport
From Sitges to Reus airport
As far as we know, there is no direct buses to Reus airport from Sitges. The only possibility will be to take the train to San Vicens de Calders, there take another train to Reus and close to Reus train station you will find the L50 bus which will take you to Reus airport. The whole journey it will take you about 2 hour and a half.
In reply to Bus from Sitges to Reus airport by Breda corish (not verified)
Add new comment