Manga Barcelona is the most important event in Barcelona dedicated to manga, anime, cosplay and Japanese culture in general. In addition to the exhibitors who show their products or services in the stands of Fira Barcelona (ranging from those who sell figures of manga characters, to those who offer clothing, through organizers of manga events), Manga Barcelona organizes countless activities: exhibitions, conferences, film screenings (anime and otherwise), presentations of new publications, signings of prominent manga authors, contests, concerts, workshops, martial arts exhibitions and gastronomy among others.
The Manga Barcelona 2022 edition
The most outstanding novelty of the 28th edition of Manga Barcelona is that it will be moved to Fira de Barcelona Gran Via. This change will allow the organizers to expand the activities thanks to having more space and facilities more appropriate to the current times.
The utaku culture
Otaku culture fans will be able to enjoy a proposal that will include cultural activities, as well as the usual stands of publishers, distributors, bookstores, merchandising stores, fanzine area and artist alley.
Musical groups, authors, cosplayers, singers... prominent names of the utaku culture visit Manga Barcelona every year. On stage or seated at a table, in this edition will be present:
- Faky: a girls band, who reached with their album Candy the third place in iTunes Top Albums.
- Mahousyoujo Ni Naritai: musical group that created the main theme for the popular Japanese anime Pazudora, used for 2 years.
- Nakaba Suzuki: author whose manga The Seven Deadly Sins was published in Kodansha's Weekly Shonen Magazine for almost 8 years.
- Sara Lozoya: author who works in the animation and illustration sectors. Sara is the creator of this year's Manga Barcelona poster.
- Rian Cyd: cosplayer who creates her own costumes and won the World Cosplay Summit 2016 in Nagoya, Japan.
- Taifu: cosplayer and cosmaker who won first place in pairs to represent Spain in the 2015 China Cosplay Super Show international competition.
- Xian Nu Studio: manga style authors who have been working professionally since 2007. Their works include the Bakemono trilogy and the Chan Prin hexalogy.
- Yoko Takahashi: singer whose most important success came in 1995 with the opening song of Neon Genesis Evangelion, called Zankokuna tenshi no têze.
There will be no shortage of cosplay contests, so cosplayers will do well to get ready and put on their best clothes for the competition, or simply to parade in the Cosplay Parade. The K-Pop and Idols contests and Just Sing, the karaoke contest, will also be back. In addition, a new edition of the Otaquiz will be held.
A selection of premieres and anime classics, organized by CineAsia and which has a prize at stake, the Manga Barcelona Auditorium Award, which is obtained from the votes of those attending the screenings.
This year you will be able to see two exhibitions:
- Expokon: a series of totem poles decorated with some of the most popular characters from sports manga will be erected in the sports section.
- Itadakimanga: an exhibition in the gastronomy section that deals with some of the most popular dishes that appear in the manga.
In the Japanese gastronomy space, Nihon Ryori, the workshops and showcookings of Roger Ortuño from Comerjapones.com await you, where you will learn (and taste) the secrets of Japanese cuisine. Note that there will also be Japanese restaurants and outdoor food trucks.
Workshops to learn the basics of the Japanese language (spoken and written) and to make Japanese handicrafts.
A space designed for children from 5 to 12 years old where they can participate in a workshop to create manga and craft workshops, paint the face of their favorite character, exercise with sports and read in the Mangateca.
Proposals to enjoy sports and the Budo Experience section, with martial arts demonstrations and workshops.
Workshops and master classes given by the Joso School for those who want to become a mangaka.
This new edition will feature the usual Manga Barcelona Awards ceremony, which recognizes the best manga and anime works in different categories published in Spain during the last year.
Add new comment