The Port Vell celebrates Christmas again at the Moll de Bosch i Alsina, better known as Moll de la Fusta, which will be transformed into a starry sky. The carefully designed Christmas decoration will unite land and sea, and its main element will be a giant Christmas ball.
In addition to the lighting installations, the Port Fair offers visitors every day musical performances by schools, choirs and other organizations from the neighborhoods located next to the port; a 65-meter Ferris wheel; a traditional merry-go-round; and a flea market with stalls and gastronomy. And every day, at 5:30 p.m., a light show will start at the rhythm of the music. But that's not all, the Christmas Fair at the Port Vell will also have a solidarity section to collect food for the needy.
The great novelty of 2022 / 2023 at Christmas in the Port Vell
This year, as a great novelty, the Christmas Fair at the Port Vell will host a 400 m2 synthetic ice rink.
The elements of the lighting installations
- The starry sky: a zenithal installation 200 meters long by 20 meters wide with 25,000 LEDs representing a starry sky.
- The giant Christmas ball: a 12-meter-high ball with RGB pixel technology that can be entered and will project various audiovisual shows.
- The manger and the star of the east: they will float in the sea on a platform. The manger will be 6 meters high and the star 2.8 meters. Both elements will illuminate the water.
The Pailebote Santa Eulàlia and the Barcelona Lighthouse
The port's most emblematic ship, the Pailebote Santa Eulàlia, and the Barcelona Lighthouse will be decorated and can be visited.
The inauguration of Christmas in the Port Vell
On December 5 at 7:00 p.m. the Christmas Fair will be inaugurated in the Port Vell on the stage of the Moll de la Fusta. At the opening ceremony, prior to the lighting of the 85,000 LED lights of all facilities, will perform the singer Edu Esteve, known for his participation in the television contest "Euforia". In addition, we will be able to listen to traditional songs performed by the Palau Vincles Choir (a social project of the Palau de la Música Catalana) and the Mitjans Choir of the Orfeó Català.
- On December 5 from 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm.
- The rest of the days from 11:00 to 22:00 h.