Zara is the number one fashion company in Spain and one of the leading international fashion companies. It belongs to the Spanish holding Inditex, which is one of the largest distribution groups in the world. Zara currently has 2,007 stores worldwide and if we also count the number of stores of other brands owned by the Inditex group, the number rises to more than 6,400 (Zara 2,007, Pull&Bear 864, Massimo Dutti 682, Bershka 971, Stradivarius 915, Oysho 556 and Zara Home 482). With its stores, Inditex is present in the five continents, sells fashion in 95 markets and, through its online platform, in 215 markets.
Zara and Inditex: a success story
Let us now activate the time machine and travel to the past. Specifically we go to the year 1963, to discover the origins of Zara and Inditex. We are in La Coruña. Confecciones GOA begins its journey in a modest workshop with the idea of making women's dresses and gowns for distribution. The business works and in ten years, the staff of GOA Confecciones becomes 500 people. In 1975, the founder of Inditex, Amancio Ortega, opened his first Zara store in La Coruña. One of the keys of the brand and that made it grow to unsuspected dimensions was the Zara business model, a model that puts the customer at the center of the decisions, brings it closer to their preferences and offers fashion at affordable prices. After establishing its headquarters in Arteixo (1977), Zara has not stopped growing. In 1985 Inditex was founded as the Group's holding company. Inditex creates new brands and buys others. Zara as a brand, obtained the first position in the ranking of the Best Spanish Brands 2017, published by the global brand strategic consulting firm Interbrand, and was recognized as the most valuable brand in Spain, even above Movistar and Banco Santander.
- Women: fashion, shoes, bags, accessories, swimwear, lingerie, beauty and perfumes.
- Men: fashion, shoes, bags and backpacks, accessories, swimwear and perfumes.
- Kids: fashion from 0 to 14 years and accessories.
- SRPLS: women, men, children and accessories. SRPLS comes from the English surplus (surplus); It is a collection of military inspiration from its aspect of transgression of alternative culture.
A sustainable model
The Inditex supply chain is fast and flexible. The provisioning system in proximity allows products to be available in the short term and, therefore, collections can change quickly. This system is considered as one of their business successes. The Manufacturer and Supplier Code of Conduct is one of the company's tools to ensure a sustainable supply chain. If we talk about the stores, the group's stores are considered eco-efficient because they consume 20% less electricity and 40% less water than conventional stores. In addition, 38 of its stores are certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) or BREAM, two of the references in environmental standards for sustainable buildings.
Addresses and opening hours of Zara stores in Barcelona
Woman = W
Man = M
Kids = K
- AVINGUDA DEL PORTAL DE L'ANGEL, 11-13 / +34 933436892 / W-M-K
- CALLE PELAI, 58 / +34 933010978 / W-M-K
- PLAÇA CATALUNYA, 5 / +34 934815004 / W-M-K
- PASSEIG DE GRÀCIA, 16 / +34 933187675 / W-M-K
- GRAN DE GRÀCIA, 74 / +34 933687473 / K
- GLÒRIES - AVINGUDA DIAGONAL, 208 / +34 934615817 / W-M-K
- L'ILLA DIAGONAL - AVINGUDA DIAGONAL, 557 / +34 934308053 / W-M-K
- CARRETERA DE SANTS, 27 / +34 934228022 / K
- DIAGONAL MAR - AVINGUDA DIAGONAL, 3 / +34 933560347 / W-M-K
- LA MAQUINISTA - CALLE POTOSI, 2 / +34 933608178 / W-M-K
To check hours, use the store locator:
Where is it?
How to get there
Store in Plaça Catalunya, 5
Metro: L1, L3 Catalunya
Bus: 7, 24, 41, 50, 54, 55, 59, 62, 63, 66, 67, 91, H12, H16, V13, V15, 120 and Tourist Bus (red and blue routes, Plaça Catalunya bus stop)