The Night of the Museums is an initiative of the Council of Europe that this year reaches its 16th edition. Thousands of museums in more than forty countries open their doors to the public. In Barcelona and its metropolitan area (Badalona, Cornellà, Esplugues, L'Hospitalet, Sant Adrià, Sant Joan Despí, Santa Coloma), 90 cultural centers will be open free of charge from 7:00 p.m. on May 13 until 1:00 a.m. on May 14. But on the Night of the Museums, in addition to visiting them, you can also participate in numerous activities for all ages. To make the cultural experience complete, there are temporary exhibitions, concerts, dance, poetry, guided and dramatized tours, treasure hunts, workshops and a correfoc. In total, you will have access to 121 exhibitions and 86 activities.
To attend some activities or exhibitions you may have to make a reservation in advance.
Museums and exhibition centers of the Night of the Museums of Barcelona in 2023
- CaixaFòrum: you can visit its three current exhibitions and attend a microconcert.
- MNAC: plenty to choose from. In addition to visiting the important collection, you can visit its four temporary exhibitions, attend concerts, enjoy a gastronomic offer in the oval room (reservations recommended) and other interesting activities.
- Fundació Joan Miró: the permanent collection and temporary exhibitions.
- Montjuïc Castle: a guided tour of the unusual corners of the castle, electronic music in the different areas of the castle and another guided tour with an archery activity for all audiences.
- Archaeology Museum of Catalonia and Barcelona: exhibitions, games and the historical recreation show Roma visits us.
In El Raval
- MACBA: good opportunity to see the three temporary exhibitions currently on display, and the MACBA collection. It also presents a constellation of sounds of the African diaspora in dialogue with the exhibition of the artist Bouchra Khalili.
- CCCB: you can visit the temporary exhibitions and attend a poetry slam recital.
- Maritime Museum of Barcelona: to browse the five current exhibitions and attend a concert.
- Palau Güell: you can visit this building created by Gaudí.
In the Gothic Quarter
- MUHBA El Call and MUHBA Plaça del Rei: to immerse yourself in the history of Barcelona.
In Sant Pere, Santa Caterina i La Ribera (+ Born)
- Picasso Museum: in addition to the permanent collection, visit the current exhibition, listen to a concert and see the recently recovered and restored "Viva Picasso".
- El Born Centre Cultural: exhibition on Barcelona in the 1700s, and guided tour.
- MEAM: see one of the most prestigious collections of figurative art, and two temporary exhibitions.
By the coast
- Museum of Natural Sciences of Barcelona: four temporary exhibitions in which you can discover, among other things, how the earth and life have evolved together.
- KBr Fundación Mapfre: focus your gaze on its two current exhibitions.
In the Eixamples
- Fundació Antoni Tàpies: two temporary exhibitions, and a guided tour to get to know in depth the temporary exhibitions and the modernist building of the foundation.
- Sant Pau Modernist Site: discover the largest modernist complex in the world at an unusual time and attend a concert by the Orpheus Jove Camerata and a lieder jam by the Victoria de los Ángeles Foundation.
In Parc i La Llacuna del Poblenou
- Design Museum: access to the permanent exhibitions and the impressive temporary exhibition Digital Impact.
In Sant Andreu
- MUHBA Fabra i Coats: to get to know this cultural site of exceptional heritage interest.
In Les Corts
- FC Barcelona Museum: visit the museum and access an area with a panoramic view of Camp Nou.
- Real Monasterio de Pedralbes: discover the Monastery with a guided tour and visit five temporary exhibitions. You can also participate in a floral decoration workshop and visit the monastery's medieval vegetable garden.