PortAventura Park opened in May 1995 and was the first theme park to open in Spain. It forms part of the PortAventura World tourist complex and occupies 52 hectares in two municipalities of Tarragona: Vila-seca and Salou. It is currently the most visited theme park in Spain and one of the most visited in Europe (it receives more than 3.5 million visitors a year). A lot of fun and strong sensations await you just 1 hour from Barcelona.
PortAventura Park, which has more than 5 km of roller coasters, recreates 6 worlds full of attractions for all ages, and It celebrates numerous shows related to those worlds, which change every season. They also organize special themed shows on important dates like Halloween and Christmas. In addition, many theme restaurants open their doors on the PortAventura premises, such as La Vinosfera de Tapes i Vins, Bora Bora, La Cocina de Epi, Marco Polo or Sichuan; and numerous shops, also themed, such as Lotus Palace, Chikitienda, La Botigueta or Cal Caramel.
The 6 worlds of PortAventura Park and its most outstanding attractions
Inspired by a typical Mediterranean fishing village. It is the first world of the park that you will find.
- Furius Baco: a route along land and water, through tunnels and ditches. It accelerates in 3 seconds from 0 to 135 km/h.
The second world of the park. Full of exotic and fun experiences in a recreation of the islands of Polynesia.
- Tutuki Splash: the most refreshing attraction in PortAventura. A journey through the jungle with wagons traveling on submerged rails. One minor and one major descent from a volcano.
A world inspired by Imperial China with replicas of real buildings.
- Shambhala: The tallest roller coaster in the park and the one with the longest drop. It reaches 135 km/h.
- Dragon Khan: the most emblematic attraction of PortAventura. A great descent followed by 8 loops that you will travel at 110 km/h.
This world is set in pre-Columbian Mexico.
- El Diablo Tren de la Mina: a roller coaster on which a mining train circulates. Climb to great heights to descend curves and drops at a maximum speed of 60 km/h.
- Hurakan Cóndor: you will climb a tower 100 meters high and after admiring the views of the entire park...free fall.
The Fifth World is created in the style of the American Wild West. You'll feel like you're in a John Wayne movie.
- Stampida: a wooden roller coaster with two trains that circulate in parallel and sometimes cross each other during the journey. A kilometer of ups and downs at 70 km/h.
- Silver River Flume: an attraction to get wet. You will navigate in a trunk through channels and each descent will be bigger than the previous one.
The world for the smallest of the house, with attractions for all audiences. As you may have guessed from its name, it is set like Sesame Street. SésamoAventura is located between Polynesia and China.
- Tami-Tami: The only children's roller coaster at PortAventura, which adults can also enjoy.
The hotels in PortAventura or near the park
Within PortAventura there are several 4 and 5 star hotels. If you book your room in one of them, you will have the entrance to the theme park included.
Parking in PortAventura
The theme park has ample parking for your vehicle. The rates for the PortAventura car park are: car €12, car in the preferential area car park €14.50, caravans and trucks €12 and motorcycles €3.50.
Opening hours and days
PortAventura Park opens at Easter and at from there it opens every day of the month until the end of October. In November it opens on weekends and alternate weeks, and then it opens two weekends and one week in December, and all Christmas until January 8. From January 8 to Easter the park is closed.
The schedule varies according to the season and the days. In mid and high season (July, August and part of September) it is usually open from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. On special days like San Juan, it closes at 1:00 in the morning.
It is best to check the schedule by selecting a date in the calendar.
As we said at the beginning, PortAventura Park is located within the tourist complex called PortAventura World, which also includes Ferrari Land and Caribe Aquatic Park. If you want to visit one or both, you can buy combined tickets and save money.