The Puppet Festival is a family cultural activity created with two objectives: to promote puppet theater in all its forms and to offer culture, fun and exciting stories to the public. The highly varied programming is made up of proposals from established and emerging theater companies, especially local ones.
The festival takes place over a weekend in which street, hall, and itinerant outdoor shows are offered, and you can attend performances of various techniques: traditional puppets, theater of objects, Chinese shadows, clown parades, and puppets by hand The program has proposals for all ages: from 0 to 3 years, from 3 years and others for all audiences.
About the 2023 edition of the Puppet Festival
On the weekend of 18 and 19, the 13th edition of its historic Barcelona Puppet Festival arrives at Poble Espanyol . There will be a total of 50 performances of 20 different shows from 15 companies that can be seen on 7 stages throughout the Poble Espanyol complex.
- Indoor shows: they will be performed in the Hivernacle in the Plaza Mayor, the Tent, the Monastery and the Theatre, and will last between 25 and 55 minutes.
- Street shows: between 30 and 55 minutes long. They take place in Plaça Baluard, Plaça Aragonesa and the Picnic.
- Traveling shows: 40 minutes long. They take place through the streets of Poble throughout the day.
- Adult / Child (from 4 to 12 years old): from €10 in advance online
- Pack 3 tickets: from €27 in advance online
- Pack 4 tickets: from €36 in advance online
- Children under 4 years: free admission (boys and girls from 0 to 3 years old have free admission as long as they sit on the lap of an adult and do not occupy a seat.
Important: keep in mind that the ticket includes access to Poble Espanyol and that you can spend the whole day in the venue. It is essential to book a time for shows that have limited capacity (La Carpa). You can make the reservation through a link that you will find in your purchase confirmation email.