The Mobile World Congress (MWC Barcelona) is the world's largest mobile technology industry event for mobile professionals. Each year it showcases the latest innovations and cutting-edge technology from more than 2,400 leading companies, and hosts a high-quality conference program. Speakers include leading visionaries who explore the issues that are influencing or will influence the technology industry. The international event, which has been held in Barcelona since 2006, also offers learning opportunities in its numerous partner-led programs, GSMA seminars and other types of meetings.
The 2023 edition of MWC
Tens of thousands of mobile industry decision-makers from more than 180 countries and territories will be present at MWC Barcelona 2023, which this year will focus on accelerating growth, relationships and positive change. For that reason, the theme of the congress will be "Speed. Powered by blazingly fast 5G connectivity, innovation is driving change at a breakneck pace around the world, and MWC 2023 Barcelona aims to capture this energy. At this year's MWC, as usual, the three vital forces of the industry will converge: technology, community and commerce. In demonstrations and keynotes, they will connect 5G with global issues, industry with immersive technology, and small businesses with tech giants.
The main themes
The content of Mobile World Congress 2023 is articulated in 5 main themes that will shape the entire event:
- 5G Acceleration - 5G is unlocking untapped value for all players across the ecosystem. With millions of 5G devices and huge waves of new data being collected, the industry is redefining how the world connects.
- Reality+: immersive technology and 5G are radically changing the way we live, work, and consume information and media. As the exploration of extended reality and the metaverse continues, 5G will be key to enabling the latest innovations in the physical, digital and virtual worlds. The customer experience in the next five years will be totally transformed.
- OpenNet: open radio access networks have undergone a significant shift in functionality, this market change must be carefully managed to deliver on that promise while maintaining security and performance levels. The long-term network evolution has begun: is it time to embrace open networks?
- FinTech: with the rise of NFTs (non-fungible tokens), cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology, there is no denying that fintech is taking on a whole new meaning and revolutionizing the financial sector.
- All digital: the expansion of digital technologies represents a huge opportunity to create value for all industries. From entertainment to manufacturing to smart mobility, the industrial and business world is facing unstoppable challenges.
Global Mobile Awards (GLOMO)
At the 27th annual GLOMO Awards, the connectivity industry is on the cusp of a new digital era. The awards will recognize brands, both established and new, that are leading the way into the hyper-connected, hyper-reality world. The awards ceremony will take place on stage at MWC Barcelona.
- Vincent Clerc, CEO, A.P. Moller - Maersk
- Raymond Dolan, Chairman & CEO, Cohere Technologies
- Börje Ekholm, President & CEO, Ericsson Group
- Doreen Bogdan-Martin, ITU Secretary-General
- Hyeonmo Ku, President & CEO, KT
- James Taiclet Chairman, President & CEO, Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Martha Sazon President & CEO, Mynt (Globe Fintech Innovations, Inc.)
- Andrew Feinberg CEO & Chairman of the Board, Netcracker
- Pekka Lundmark, President & CEO, Nokia
- Christel Heydemann, CEO, Orange Group
- Sir Martin Sorrell, Founder & Executive Chairman, S4 Capital PLC
- Sébastien Borget, Co-founder & COO, The Sandbox
- Kuan Moon Group, CEO, SingTel
- José María Álvarez-Pallete, Chairman & CEO, Telefónica S.A.
- Vicki Brady, CEO, Telstra
Add new comment