The International Vintage Car Rally Barcelona-Sitges, which this year reaches its 65th edition, began in 1959. It is planned as a race although, of course, the important thing is to participate and aesthetics is valued more than speed: both the driver and the occupants must wear period costumes. Vintage cars from emblematic brands such as Rolls Royce, Hispano-Suiza, Citroën, Ford, Fiat, Renault, Peugeot, Buick, Chevrolet or Alcyon will drive through the streets of Barcelona towards Sitges.
The rally starts in the Plaza de Sant Jaume in Barcelona and continues through the streets of Barcelona, Hospitalet de Llobregat, Cornellà de Llobregat, C-245 road, C-246 road (Costas del Garraf) and ends with a parade through the streets of Sitges and a contest of elegance. The total route is 40 kilometers and the participants come from all over Spain and other countries. But the rally is not just the race, other parallel activities are also organized.
Program of the 2023 International Vintage Car Rally Barcelona-Sitges
From February 27 to March 11
- From 9:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. (Monday to Saturday): Vintage car exhibition at the L'Illa Diagonal shopping center. You will be able to see a Graham Paige model 610 from the year 1928 and two Fords, a model A from 1928 and a model AA 1Ton also from 1928.
Saturday, March 11
- 9:30 a.m.: Arrival of the participants at the L'Illa Diagonal shopping center. Exhibition of the cars until 17:00 h.
Sunday, March 12
- 8:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.: Meeting of those registered, dressed in period costumes, in Plaça Sant Jaume in Barcelona.
- 10:30 am: Departure of the Rally towards Sitges.
Route of the Rally Barcelona - Sitges 2022
By Barcelona: Plaza Sant Jaume > Ferran street > La Rambla > Plaza Catalunya > Ronda Universitat > Ronda Sant Antoni > Sepúlveda street > Avingudda Paral·lel > Espanya square > Gran Via > Juncosa street > Constitució street.
Through L'Hospitalet de Llobregat: Santa Eulàlia street > Enric Prat de la Riba street > Barcelona street.
Through Cornellà de Llobregat: Carretera de l'Hospitalet > Avinguda. de la Fama > Tirso de Molina street > Avinguda Baix Llobregat (and link with the C-245 road passing through Sant Boi de Llobregat, Viladecans, Gavà, Castelldefels, link with the C-246 road, Costas del Garraf and arrival at Port de Sitges-Aiguadolç at approximately 12:15 p.m.).
- 12:15 pm Arrival of the first car at the port of Aiguadolç in Sitges.
- 1:15 p.m. Parade of the participants through the streets of Sitges: Avenida Port d'Aiguadolç, Emerencià Roig i Raventós, Avenida Balmins, Port Alegre, Rafael Llopart, Jesús, Plaza Cap de la Vila, Graells, Marquès de Montroig, Plaza Indústria , 1r de Maig, Paseo de la Ribera, Balsa Redonda, Sant Antoni, Avinguda Sofia and Paseo de la Ribera to La Fragata beach.
- 1:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. The participating cars will be exhibited in the Plaza de la Fragata.