An exciting way to listen to the work of one of the great baroque composers. We are talking about the Venetian Antonio Vivaldi, who in addition to being a composer was a violinist, entrepreneur, teacher and Catholic priest. By candlelight will sound the notes of his famous series of concertos for violin and orchestra: the Four Seasons.
Candlelight is an exceptional experience that allows you to enjoy concerts by candlelight. These concerts, moreover, are held in emblematic venues in Barcelona. On this occasion, Vivaldi's Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter merge with candlelight in the Basilica of Santa Maria del Pi, a beautiful church located in the heart of Barcelona's Gothic Quarter.
Concert duration: approximately 65 minutes
Performers: String Quartet - Barcelona Quartet
Candlelight Program: Vivaldi at the Basilica of Santa Maria del Pi
- Concerto No. 1 in E major, Op. 8, RV 269, "The Spring".
- Concerto No. 2 in G minor, Op. 8, RV 315, "Summer".
- Concerto No. 3 in F major, Op.8 RV 293, "Autumn".
- Concerto No. 4 in F minor, Op. 8, RV 297, "Winter".
- Eine Kleine Nachtmusik, K. 525. by W.A.Mozart
- Tango "Por una Cabeza" by C. Gardel