The Antoni Tàpies Foundation, created by the artist himself in 1984, contains works from all periods of Tàpies' artistic career and a beautiful library specialized in modern and Asian art, considered one of the most complete in the world of its kind. The Foundation is located at the headquarters of the former "Editorial Montaner y Simón", the work of the Catalan modernist architect Lluís Domènech i Montaner. The splendid brick facade is crowned by the Cloud and Chair sculpture, made by Antoni Tàpies in 1990, which today has become a distinctive symbol of the institution and the city.
The Antoni Tàpies Foundation contains more than 300 works donated by the Catalan artist and Teresa Tàpies, his wife, which are part of the permanent exhibition. In addition, the museum organizes temporary exhibitions of all artistic genres, and is also a center for the study and promotion of contemporary art.
Opening hours of the Antoni Tàpies Foundation (2023)
- <div data-tiqets-widget="availability" data-layout="full" data-product-id="985727" data-partner="webarcelonanet"></div><script defer src="https://widgets.tiqets.com/loader.js"></script><div data-tiqets-widget="availability" data-layout="full" data-product-id="985727" data-partner="webarcelonanet"></div><script defer src="https://widgets.tiqets.com/loader.js"></script>From Tuesday to Saturday: from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m
- Sunday: from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Closed on January 1 and 6, and December 25 and 26
- General admission: € 8.00
- Students and over 65 years: € 6.40
- Up to 16 years old, unemployed with accreditation and Friends of the Foundation: free
Visit the Antoni Tàpies Foundation for free
- Santa Eulàlia (February 12), International Museum Day (May 18) and La Mercè (September 24).
The Antoni Tàpies Foundation in the Articket and in the Barcelona Card
Where is it?
How to get there
Metro: L2, L3, L4 Passeig de Gràcia
Bus: H10, V15, 7, 22, 24, Tourist Bus (blue and red routes, stop Casa Batlló - Fundació Antoni Tàpies)
FGC: Provença / Passeig de Gràcia
Add new comment