Park Güell will host a complete summer cultural program organized in collaboration with the MUHBA. The program brings together, with a historical and heritage vision, a series of concerts, a film series and historical itineraries and tours.
Concert series “Musical paths of freedom. Barcelona, 1974 - 1986”
This series is organized in collaboration with the Escuela Superior de Música de Catalunya (ESMUC) and offers concerts whose central axis is the diversity of Barcelona society in the last years of Francoism and the first years of democracy.
- "Sounds of flamenco in red", with La prenda roja (July 7, at 8:30 p.m.).
- "Latin Nights", with Jordi Barceló Grup (July 14, at 8:30 p.m.).
- “From now on”, with Isaac Romagosa Group (July 21, at 8:30 p.m.).
Film series "Barcelona in motion"
The film series is dedicated to the role of women in the Barcelona of the sixties and will screen three films on couple relationships and the subsidiary role that women had then.
- "Spain again" (1968), by Jaime Camino (July 5, at 9 p.m.).
- "Night of red wine" (1966), by José María Nunes (July 12, at 9 p.m.).
- "The certificate" (1970), by Vicente Lluch (July 19, at 9:00 p.m.).
Both the concerts and the movie passes are free with advance reservation of tickets.
Itineraries and historical tours in the Park
In addition, from the end of June to the month of September, different itineraries and guided historical tours will also take place in Park Güell and in the surrounding neighborhoods that will deal with various aspects related to the history of the Park, the career of the architect Antoni Gaudí , the link of this space with the city and the evolution of the nearby neighborhoods at the beginning of the 20th century.
These guided tours will cost €2.00 and will last approximately 1 to 3 hours. The dates and times, as well as the purchase of tickets are available on the MUHBA website.