The evening and open-air programming for the months of July and August returns to CosmoCaixa with micro -concerts and the screening of a cycle of science fiction films. For the first time, a selection of concerts and musical experiences with artists who approach science and technology is also included in the program. The activities of this edition are linked to the "El Sol" exhibition, which you can visit at the Museum with the same ticket.
Cosmonits program 2022
- Microconcert: Miguel Ramos Trio (9:00 p.m.). Project inspired by the "piano trio" tradition, playing songs that evoke the essence of groups like the Oscar Peterson Trio, the Bill Evans Trio or the Brad Mehldau Trio.
- Film: Gravity by Alfonso Cuarón (10:00 p.m.)
- Concert and show: Laura Farré Rozada & Gnomalab AV show 'Nimbus: an artistic look at fractals' (8:00 pm). An artist who focuses her career between music and mathematics. His performance will be accompanied by the visual artist Gnomalab.
- Concert: Oso Leone + Tupinamba Sound (9:30 p.m.). This performance will mark the long-awaited return of the band after the release of their successful Gallery Love.
- Concert and show: Holy Other & Pedro Maia Av show (11:00 p.m.). Holy Other present their new album Lieve for the first time in Spain, which stems from their residency at the Bidston Observatory, an old scientific observatory converted into an artistic reception space. The staging will feature the presence of visual artist Pedro Maia.
- Microconcert: Carolina Alabau & Èlia Bastida (9:00 p.m.). Own compositions and versions of traditional songs, Mediterranean and Brazilian music, bossa nova and jazz, among others.
- Film: The Impossible by JA Bayona (10pm).
28 of July
- Concert and show : Koraal - Magma John Talabot & Desilence (7:00 p.m., 9:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m.). A project inspired by the extraterrestrial landscapes of the island of Lanzarote and, as its name suggests, by the forces of nature that hide behind volcanoes, tectonic plates and earthquakes.
- Concert and show: Befaco's modular synthesizers (from 8:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m.). Hand in hand with the experts at Befaco, we will let the sound chaos flow, trying at all times that the attendees are the protagonists and can enjoy the art of generating Martian noises.
- Concert and show : Forms by Playmodes (from 8:30 p.m. to 12:00 a.m.). Starting from a set of graphic generation rules, driven by randomness and probability, custom software generates a series of visual compositions created in real time and never repeated.
- Microconcert: Argentine Tango - Carril & Mercadante (9:00 p.m.). A journey through the classics of tango from the 40s, with Gardel, Cadícamo, Troilo or Piazzolla, to the present day.
- Film: Back to the Future by Robert Zemeckis (10:00 p.m.).
- Microconcert: Irene Reig Trio (9:00 p.m.). Three musicians who have created a repertoire based on their own version of their favorite jazz standards, adding innovative arrangements and original songs by saxophonist Irene Reig.
- Film: Arrival by Denis Villeneuve (10:00 p.m.).
- Concert and show : Vibracions additives Performance by Hamill Industries, Marina Herlop, Ariadna Monfort and Anna Serra (at 8:30 p.m. and 11:00 p.m.). A live experiment that will allow us to see, thanks to Hamill Industries technology, what form the vibrations of music and voice take, and how these can be modified and interpreted by movements.
- Concert and show: El Petit de Cal Eril + T. Modet (9:30 pm). His eighth album, NSCALH (No Sabrás Como Terminará La Historia), electronic music and visual spectacle.
- Microconcert: El Viatge de les mans (9:00 p.m.). A musical proposal that connects the texts of the first Catalan poets with those of today's poets and artists. created a repertoire based on his own version of his favorite jazz standards, adding innovative arrangements and original songs by saxophonist Irene Reig.
- Movie: Snowpiercer by Bong Joon-Ho (10pm).